Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thanks Mom...For Everything

I've been waiting for the right moment to use this picture. I was going to use it a while back but I ended up scrapping that idea all together. Cest la vie I guess. Anyway this is the perfect post for this. It's the perfect time. For those of you who don't know, I have just about reached a very big milestone in my life. Tomorrow at 7:14 or 7:41 am (I always get them mixed up) I turn 20. Honestly I'm not that excited about it. I mean yeah  it's my birthday and that totally rocks but I've never been a fan of growing up. I'M TOO YOUNG TO BE 20!!!!!

All melodrama aside I have to say that I am grateful to be here. It's amazing to be alive. And I know I'm here because of my mom. She has stood by me through so much and I don't really know how to thank her properly. I don't think anyone truly grasps the reverence and admiration I have for that woman. I know that I'm a lot to deal with. I'm rude and moody and messy and a host of other adjectives that escape me at the moment.

If you're reading this (and you're probably not) I love you mom. You are the greatest woman I have ever known and all I want to do is make you proud. Thank you for walking with me every day for the past 2 decades(almost). Thank you for putting up with my mood swings. Thank you for pushing me to be a better person. Thank you for being there. Thank you for being my mom. Thank you for everything.

I know that I make you angry sometimes and you have to resist the urge to throw things at me. But I want you to know that I appreciate everything you've done. Everything you are. I'm so lucky to have you. 

So just in case you didn't know or haven't figured it out by this point in this post.

   Whoever is reading this...take the time out to thank the Wonder Woman in your life. RIGHT NOW


This is how I see you

No comments:

Post a Comment