Friday, July 27, 2012

From my Kitchen Friday: Mocha Brownies

Oh. My. God. Post 100. I'm sorry this is so late. I decided I was going to take a short nap after I got off work. It turned out not to be so short. Anyway, For such a momentous occasion I decided my time will best be spent talking about chocolate.

Inspiration: I really wanted a java chip frappucino today, which I couldn't go get because I was stuck at home. So I really needed a chocolate/coffee something...anything really

Ingredients:

  • Your favorite boxed brownie mix or use whatever your go to scratch recipe like this one.
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 packets instant expresso powder ( If you don't have packets teaspoons will suffice. I'd use four but it's up to you)
  • 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
  • Mini chocolate chips (optional)


Directions:
  1. If you're using a mix prepare following provided instructions...same goes for the scratch recipe just add the expresso (2 tsp) at the very end.
  2. While brownies are baking pour heavy cream in a clean bowl and whip with remaining powdered sugar an expresso .
  3. When brownies are completely cooled top with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips
  4. Enjoy :)


Notes:
  • For presentation I bake mine in cupcake liners so everyone has the same amount of brownie. Portion control is important folks
  • There will be a tense moment when you think the whipped cream won't whip...or that you've done something wrong. Give it some time . You'll be fine. If the whipping cream doesn't work for you...feel free to use Cool Whip. No judgement here
I send you love from my kitchen. Happy Friday

1 comment:

  1. See, I'm super lazy, but I have a best friend who loves me. Perhaps she would be so inclined to cook and bake for me? I could pay her in hugs, sunday usual, and books...lol. Sounds great! I may do this when I am not so lazy. I love you!

    ReplyDelete