Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Today's Dabble in Poetry

I haven't written many poems lately. And I have a thousand excuses as to why. But that's not important. Before I immerse myself in Hell Week. I wanted to share this with you.

s


I could call her my first love
But I wouldn't want to put that much pressure on her
To me she was always delicate
Mine to protect

I could say that it was epic
But then I'd be guilty 
Of trivializing  a situation that was much more
Than a lowly adjective

I could have crushed her
Under the weight of all that I felt 
Take her by surprise with the emotions 
That nearly blew me away

I settle on calling her nothing but her name
Accepting that maybe she's just supposed to float in and out of my life
Teaching me...grooming me
Until I find the girl I yearned for her to be

I could call her many things
But today I settle for Sarah


I love you for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment