Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Goodnight One Tree Hill

One Tree Hill ends tonight. It breaks my heart. I'm still going to finish my posts. We can just pretend like you haven't finished the season yet. Cool? I can't believe I've spent 9 years of my life watching this show. I grew up with these characters. I feel like I know them. I walk around quoting episodes. There's an OTH quote on my words to live your life by page. I'm a Tree Hill Lifer you know. This really does mark the end of a television era for people my age...or perhaps older. All of the shows that were on when One Tree Hill started are gone. Charmed. Gone. Veronica Mars. Gone. Smallville. Gone. Call me dramatic but I really feel like tonight marks the beginning of the end of my adolescent years. (So I'm 20. Don't judge me). I probably should go get my tissues out now. I feel as though this is going to be a very tough two hours for me. How do you feel?

I'm grateful for the things I learned watching this show. I know my mom thinks it's just teenage soapy madness but it was...is so much more than that. And if you are new to the fold I welcome you...and command you not watch tonight unless you're all caught up. It's official people. Dim the lights on the Rivercourt. It's time to say Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment