Thursday, March 15, 2012

I went through with it *yay me*

So it has been done. The Big Chop has come and gone without much fanfare. Okay that's not true. I've been buzzing about it since I did which will be two weeks ago on Friday. And honestly it wasn't as big as I expected. My Big Chop included very little...well chopping. A few snips here a few snips there and it was over. I was surprised when I heard a voice say "Alright all the permed hair is out." I was like: "Seriously?" Was that it? I'd spent weeks spazzing out about this and I have to say that I was a little underwhelmed. Had I blown this way out of proportion? (Yes I did). Anyway I wanted to let you all know that I did do it and I'm happy. I would post a pic of it but...it's covered up by weave. I got a sew-in. I'm still a newbie on the whole caring for natural hair thing so I figured this would be the best bet for me for a while. Sew-ins are a godsend for me because I'm lazy as all get out. Then when it's time to take them out I'll rock a twist out since I really like those. Like I said before, I want a really big fro. I don't have a twa (teeny weenie afro). My hair is just shorter than I'm used to. Taking this weave out will be interesting....

I'm using olive oil based and sulfate/silicone free products on my natural hair. I like how light they feel. What are you using? What do you recommend?  Feel free to drop me a line

I'm gonna get here one day. <3 Wynter
I love you for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment